Thursday, May 26, 2011

Random Photos from the Spring

Just a few of my favorite photos and memories from this spring that I wanted to record here.

First up -- Simon and his youngest (second) cousins, Lily and Braylee with their bubble blowers on Mother's Day. They had a blast!

Mark had to work late one evening so I had to make dinner. Quiche was on the menu and it turned out really well! Mark was impressed with the end results and I was very proud of how good it looked and tasted.



We were invited to attend the Black Tie Dinner sponsored by students in the Hospitality and Tourism Management unit of the college I work for at Purdue. This was our fifth one and we look forward to it each year. It was like a date night this year! We are grateful to our friends Todd and Brigitte for taking care of Simon for the evening.


Usually, we help to host a table of special guests at the dinner. But this year we were able to sit with our friends (and my co-worker) Christina and Josh. So fun! It was a date night for them, too, as they now have a beautiful little girl, Wren, who was with her grandparents for the night.


Love this photo of Simon from post-Easter egg hunt. I never get tired of seeing that smile! And I'm willing to do about anything to put a smile like that on his face. : )


We took Simon to the Indianapolis Children's Museum for the first time this spring. He LOVED it and is still talking about it. He was especially enthralled with the dinosaurs climbing in the window. In this picture, he and Mark are looking at the Chihuly glass pieces in the clear ceiling.



The old-fashioned carousel was another highlight of our day at the Children's Museum.



What? Who me? You think I made this mess? No way! You've got the wrong guy.



Simon loves to go fishing with his Daddy. We need to work on his patience but someday, I know he'll be a great fisherman like his Daddy and Papa.





I've got several videos I'd like to upload but I'll have to wait until Simon is awake. He's been doing much better with sleeping through the night so I don't want to risk waking him but playing the videos. We're looking forward to tackling many projects around the house this weekend as well as getting ready for a yard sale on June 4. Mark is also planning a family camp-out in our sunroom this weekend. Should be fun!


Oh, and did I mention that our dossier leaves for Ethiopia tomorrow? Yeah, baby!

No comments: