Sunday, October 2, 2011

First trip to the movies!

Lafayette's three movie theaters show free movies on Saturday and Sunday mornings -- family friendly movies. I saw in the paper that yesterday's movie was "Rio" -- we've seen previews before but we hadn't watched it. I thought, why not try taking Simon to a theater when it's free? If he gets scared or just too antsy, we can leave and won't have lost any money in the process. Well, he LOVED it! I think that the movie itself was a good one for him -- lots of colorful characters and singing. He didn't weigh enough to sit on the theater chairs -- they kept folding up on him -- so he sat on my lap. Loved the snuggle time! He thought it was great that he could eat popcorn and M&M's AND drink milk. : ) The cutest thing was when he tried to share his popcorn with the birds on the screen -- I think they looked so life-like and close. All in all, it was a successful outing to the movies! Not great photos but they document the experience.



No comments: