Monday, December 12, 2011

Imaginary Friend

Simon may just have his first imaginary friend. His friend's name is Pumpkin. Pumpkin taught Simon how to put on his pajamas by himself. Simon says that Pumpkin showed him how to spread out his jammies on the floor, then you sit on them, and put one foot/leg and arm in at a time. I asked Simon what Pumpkin likes to eat: pumpkin pie. : ) I asked him where Pumpkin lives: at Monkey Joe's. I asked him if Pumpkin has a family: yes, a Mommy and his Daddy goes to work. Then he voluntarily told me that Pumpkin doesn't go to school because his school is closed. Hmmmm ... suddenly Pumpkin sounded a lot like Simon's life on a Saturday. : )

I love his budding imagination! I can sometimes due without the stubborn need for independence. And I adore our conversations. Three is definitely a fun age!

No comments: