We made our annual trek to visit Santa yesterday. I'd like to have a photo of Simon with Santa every year for as long as he will go for it. He loves talking with Santa -- has no fear whatsoever. This was his second visit of the season, actually. Simon and I were at the mall once before and he was just drawn to Santa. It was a quick visit but I wanted to wait for a photo until Mark was with us. I know that Simon particularly likes the blue candy canes that Santa is offering this year. Santa was very kind, as you would expect.
A funny side story. The first year Simon was home, Mark helped Santa by dressing up as Santa at his studio and doing photos to benefit Lafayette Urban Ministries. Simon sat on his lap and we have a framed photo in Simon's room. We also have a framed photo of Simon's visit to what he considers to be the 'real' Santa last year. Simon will take the two photos and make them face each other. Then, in a somewhat disguised voice, the 'real' Santa will say to 'Daddy' Santa, "thank you for helping me." And Daddy Santa responds, "no problem, Santa -- happy to help." Crack me up! I love Simon's sense of humor and I love his imagination.
No comments:
Post a Comment