Friday, January 15, 2010

Little Diddy About Wendi and Exercise

This post is a shout-out to our friends, the Mroczeks. Mark and I really enjoy hanging out with Jana, Dan and 2 year old Xander. They should be receiving their referral from Ethiopia any day now and we can’t wait to celebrate with them!

We like Jana and Dan because they have introduced us to many fun things in the land of toddlers (and we like them for lots of other reasons, too!) Things like Wonder Pets and Yo Gabba Gabba. And, to be more specific, catchy little tunes such as, “I like fish. I like fish!” and “There’s a party in my tummy. So yummy! So yummy!” Wow. Thanks, Dan and Jana for forever planting these songs in our minds!

So yesterday marked my return to the gym. You may remember that my 2009 New Year’s resolution was to get into better shape so that I could be a stronger, healthier parent when we brought home Baby Ailor.

Fast forward a year and I will freely admit that I did not do so well with this resolution. I think that Mark and I are eating a healthier diet but Mark is much more consistent with going to the gym than I am. Sigh. And now that we have our referral for Simon and Baby Ailor is actually Toddler Ailor, well, I’m kind of nervous that he will run circles around me!

Back to the gym … picture me cycling as fast as I can while feeling my knees cry out in pain, creaking and moaning as loudly as I am belly-aching to myself in my head. Mark is able to read a book while he uses the elliptical. Wish I could do that! But it just makes me motion sick. So instead, I decided to take a lesson from our new friends Yo Gabba Gabba and create some fun little diddies in my mind to help me not focus on the pain I’m in. My song went like this:

(and if you want to sing along, sing it very rhythmically and think of it as kind of a call and repeat/echo thing!)

I like exercise. I like exercise.

I feel really good. Feelin’ really good.

Exercise for Simon. Exercise for Simon.

Exercise is fun! Exercise is fun!

(repeat until the bell rings on the bicycle and sets you free!)


Do you think I should consider getting an iPod?

No comments: