Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An update on Simon!

I couldn't believe it when I checked my e-mail this afternoon ... an update on Simon from Ethiopia! It came completely out of the blue! And the best part is that it included 12 photos!!! It is so fun to see his different expressions including one with a huge smile. It looks like he bites his lower lip when he is concentrating on something. And he has definitely grown! He's gained one pound in the last month and his two little teeth on the bottom are really showing now. And it looks like he will soon need a haircut -- wow!

Most of the photos are related to a developmental assessment and show him doing things like drinking from a cup and stacking blocks. But the social worker also said these wonderful things about him:
  • "an adorable little boy"
  • "has a very calm and cool manner"
  • "According to the nannies he even sings songs at night but it is gibberish." (LOVE this!)
  • "an affectionate child with a warm personality"
  • "Once he gets to know someone he tends to respect and love that person."

Mark and I are thrilled with this awesome update! Simon looks very happy and healthy and from what we can see of the home where he is living, it looks very nice and well-kept. All of this together gives us so much peace -- and an even deeper longing to know Simon. We cannot wait to hold our little boy!!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Wendi and Mark! I am so exited for you that I am literally crying tears of joy as I read this blog! I can't wait to meet Simon! God certainly has answered prayers and it won't be long till you hold your little boy in your arms! Take care and God's Peace be with you and the family,
Tonya