I am not the one who writes most of our blog posts. I usually leave that to Wendi. However, I have been a little slow at work lately and have had time to do a lot of thinking. for the last several days I have been trying to compose a post in my head that sums up how our wait is going. We had a 9 month wait to get our referral for Simon and now we have a wait of unknown length until we have a court date, embassy date and can bring him home. Somehow that 9 month wait seems very very easy.
I would really like to write a post extolling the virtues of patience and how it will make that time we have together all that more special.
I would really like to say that we are so busy getting things ready for Simon that the time is just flying by.
I would really like to say that we are using our time wisely to do all those things that everyone else says is difficult, if not impossible, to do once you have children.
I would really love to be the person who can see all the positives in our wait.
HOWEVER....I cannot write a post like that because it isn't needed. I can some up everything about this waiting process in two words......WAITING SUCKS!!!!!!!
~Mark
Digital Marketing in Utica NY
10 years ago
2 comments:
Oh, Mark! I know! There is no better way to put it! I remember sitting around thinking about all the things I needed to do, but somehow the uncertainty just paralyzed me! I did absolutely noting until we got the call saying we passed court and were going to pick him up in 4 weeks! Now that was a busy 4 weeks! But, until that time, I just sat! Hope to hear about your court date soon:)
I totally agree with you! I'm a little worried about the program. It seems very odd that our agency has NO court dates scheduled with the govt. I wish they would at least update those of us waiting so that we know why nothing is being scheduled:( Hang in there....
Post a Comment