Mamaw and Papaw (Mark's parents) got Simon some cowboy boots for his birthday. The boots took a long time to arrive so Simon received them a few weeks after his birthday. It was so cute to see him try to walk in them for the first time. And they make him look so tall! But he LOVES them. He can even dance in his boots. : )
Check these out!
The same weekend that we picked-up Simon's boots, we took an overnight trip to a hotel so that Simon could go swimming. He really likes the water! It was just the change of scenery that our family needed. We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant where some of the staff taught Simon to say, "Hola" -- "Coma esta?" -- "Bien." He will now randomly break out his Spanish.We also got to visit our friends at the Manchester Church of the Brethren that morning. Day care has helped Simon to learn how to sit still and listen to stories because this time when I took him up front for the children's story, he actually sat and listened to (most of) the story! No running up and down the aisle like the last time.
That same afternoon, we went to the open house at Cooley Family Farm. For the last six months, we've been part of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program and have been getting a basket of fruits and veggies each week. We love it! So fun to see what we'll get each week and I'm sad that the season is just about over. We will definitely be doing this again next year. Anyway, we went to the farm's open house so that we could see where the food is being grown. They had lots of fun activities for the kids.
Yes, Simon thought that he could ride in this little tiny wagon! So cute.
But then he discovered the larger tractors and wagons! He thought he was big stuff.

Simon got to go on two wagon rides. He did really well and stayed sitting the whole time!
Ahhh .... Ayla. Simon was so excited to see his favorite girl friend. : )
Simon has also been very interested in cooking lately. He loves to watch Mark cook and he received a very cute grill set for his birthday.
Such a serious chef!
We've been pretty good at not giving Simon too many sweets. But he just had to try an Oreo. (They were right by the check-out at the store and the package just jumped into my cart!)
Last weekend, we took a trip to Millennium Farms with our adoption group. Oh my was it crowded! Too many people. But we had fun anyway. I love the look on Simon's face in the next two photos.
Going to a pumpkin patch was one of the things that I used to dream about when I thought of having children. My dream came true last weekend! I actually got teary-eyed when we arrived at the farm.
They had lots of children's activities. Simon rode the 'train.' Boy, is he ever into trains right now! We have to spell the word or he gets too excited.
And, Simon got to go on his first pony ride. He kept saying, "I hold on."
"Say cheese!" We waited in line for over an hour to ride the wagon out to the pumpkin patch.
See the yellow blur in the left corner of the photo? That's the gourd that Simon threw away ... I think that he was tired of waiting for the wagon to the pumpkin patch. I was ready to throw a few things too, after waiting so long!
Simon hasn't really been interested in watching TV. Until this past week. For the first six + months he's been home with us, he preferred to play vs. watching TV. But then he discovered Mickey Mouse and now he asks to watch it all the time. I took this photo of him sitting and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse because he actually sat still for 10 whole minutes -- a record! I got to put away the groceries without my little helper. I don't see us using the TV as a babysitter for him but it's nice to know that he can sit still!
Superman stopped by to visit on Friday night! He was on his way to Boo at the Zoo.
Waiting for the Enchanted Train Ride with our friends Anna the turtle and the other Superman Harrison. Simon and I had a date night at Boo at the Zoo.
Superman Simon rescued me from the giant blue frog.
Tonight, we carved the pumpkins that we picked-out at the pumpkin patch last weekend.
Simon tried very hard not to get his hands all messy. He kept saying, "eewwwww."
Unfortunately, the inside of this pumpkin was kind of rotten and gross!
But we got the job done and this was the end result. Fun!
Inspector Simon ... he loves to investigate new things!
So, that's what we've been up to at the Ailor house! I don't know what's happened to the fall. I'm having a hard time believing that November is just a week away! Work has been incredibly busy with the change to the new college. It's been a challenge to figure out how to balance work and being a mom. I'm not keeping up with friends as well as I'd like to and our house is definitely not as clean as it used to be! But I'm slowly getting things figured out and learning that a little dust around the edges is ok. Simon is doing great -- he's a happy, bright and joy-filled little boy! That's what makes me smile and keeps me going each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment