Thursday, October 14, 2010

My little bubby has been home 6 months!!!!

In some ways it feels like the time has just flown by this year, but it also seems like Simon has always been with us. He fit himself right into our family so easily that there was hardly a ripple. I admit that I was concerned about adopting a child who would be coming home at 18 months, because I thought the adjustment would be much more difficult. Simon proved me wrong on that one. I still remember the night we got home and (thanks to Sean who showed Simon where the toybox is) Simon was ready to play. He came into our house like he owned it and it was exactly where he was supposed to be.
Over the last six months we have been able to really see him grow and change. In the beginning he could only say Ababa (daddy) and Ema (mommy) and Kebebe, no we can't get him to stop talking, and we love it. He has, what I can best describe as, a HUGE personality. He hasn't physically grown that much, but he seems so much bigger just because of his personality growth. We can't wait to see how it develops more in the years to come. He is going to be a little heartbreaker.
Anyway, here are a couple of photos....the first is from his 1st portrait session here at the studio about a week after he came home and the next was his most recent photos. See the difference?

1 comment:

Jodes and Boz said...

He is so handsome!!! He'll be breaking hearts in no time.