Tonight, I made some cupcakes for Thanksgiving day. Mark's family is coming to our house. This will be our first time to host! Kind of exciting. Mark has the turkey already soaking in an Alton Brown brine recipe. And we're looking forward to watching the Purdue Marching Band in the Macy's Parade. I can't believe it's raining and storming on November 24 -- but I do like the sound of rain on the roof. Anyway, back to the cupcakes. Mark taught Simon how to lick the beaters ... he loved it!

And I copied this turkey design from a Betty Crocker ad that I saw. I didn't given them all of the details but I think that they still loook like turkeys!

This next photo is for Mimi (my Mom). She got Simon this vest for his birthday. He loves wearing it -- he holds his arms out and says, "look!" in a very excited voice. He must think it's pretty cool that his arms stick out.
We found these reindeer antlers in the $1 section at Target. Simon wore them on top of his baseball hat throughout the store. We almost forgot to pay for them!
Our preppy son ... does he look like a product of the 1980's or what?! Or maybe it's because his parents grew up in the '80s??? We thought it was funny that he chose to leave his collar turned up all day.
And this photo is for Aunt Debbie so she can see the outfit she got Simon for his birthday. He looks great in orange! And he apparently matches our kitchen too.
(See the blue binder on the counter? That's our paperwork file for Lil' Ailor 2!)

One of the many, many things that I love about Simon ... he pointed out this ride at the mall but he doesn't beg to ride it or get upset if we say no, or just one ride. He is not one to throw a tantrum. So that makes it all the more fun when we do let him ride something like this. Look at that grin! What a beautiful smile.

One of the many, many things that I love about Simon ... he pointed out this ride at the mall but he doesn't beg to ride it or get upset if we say no, or just one ride. He is not one to throw a tantrum. So that makes it all the more fun when we do let him ride something like this. Look at that grin! What a beautiful smile.

1 comment:
Wendi,
Did they give you a timeline of when you may be traveling to get Ailor #2?? I know it's quite a way off yet, but I didn't know if things might move quicker for you since you have already been through the process. It would be wonderful if we would be there at the same time!
Post a Comment