On Wednesday, December 1, we had our first noticeable snowfall! Before leaving for day care and work, we took a few minutes to go outside and show Simon the snow. He touched it and said "cold" and pulled his arms/shoulders in to show that he was cold. Then he was really quiet on the ride to day care ... out of character for him! We think that he must have been really puzzled by the white flakes falling from the sky. But after work when we picked him up, he talked non-stop about the snow. They had gone outside to play that day and I think that he learned to kind of like the snow.

And then came Saturday morning, December 4. We woke up to over 2 inches of snow on the ground and heavy snow still falling. I took him to the window to show him and he said "a big one!" He loved wearing his snow boots and looking out the window at the snow. Like most kids, he likes to walk in the deep parts of the snow. We haven't really had a chance to go out and play in it but I'm sure this won't be the last snow of the season. I love this photo of him looking out the window by our front door, trying to make sense of the snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment