Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I think Valentine's Day is so much fun! I knew that Simon would love it, too. Mark humored me and made heart-shaped pancakes for me and Simon on Sunday morning.


My Mom and Dad sent Simon a Valentine's care package. It included a pack of Thomas the Train "underwears" as Simon calls them. There's been a lot of talk at our house lately about using the potty. But all he wants to do is wear the underwears on his head! Oh my. Mark and I both fear that he's going to be difficult to potty train.

There was a pack of M&M's in the care package. It was hard to move his focus from the chocolate to the rest of the package. He is so much like his mother. : )

A dear friend of my parents sent Simon a Valentine that included some stickers. I gave him the card to open while I opened the rest of the mail. When I turned around, he already had half of the stickers on his forehead.

Please excuse the crusty face ... I was trying to get a photo to send to Ginny to show her what Simon did with the stickers. Ginny is in her 90's and is still a very spirited and spunky woman!

Mark and I gave Simon a little pack of 5 Hershey kisses. He took the lid of the container and put it over his heart and made it go "bum, bum" to imitate his heart beating. I don't know where he learns these things ...
It didn't take him long to get the kisses unwrapped and eaten. He loved them!

Simon had a fun Valentine's party at day care today. He came home with a heart balloon and a goodie bag with these glasses. He loves to wear sunglasses, or 'dudes' as he calls them.

My sweet Valentine! I am so lucky to have two Valentines in my life this year! Mark and I had a lunch date today and it was so nice to be able to talk uninterrupted. Though I think we both agree, we love our conversations with Simon too! (Doesn't he look BIG in this photo?!!?)

As we've been talking with Simon about Valentine's Day, he's gotten it confused with Happy Birthday. He spent most of the weekend carrying around his wooden play birthday cake and singing Happy Birthday to Simon. Makes me laugh! But tonight, he finally said it correctly.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: