Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring

Where has the month of April gone? Seems like we were just celebrating our anniversary at the end of March and now May begins on Sunday. Sigh. It has been an incredibly busy month! Between work events and day care being closed, this month has just flown by. I'm so behind on blogging and have dreams of catching up. But for now, here are a few photos from the past week.

Last Tuesday night, we had some really severe storms blow through the area. The tornado sirens sounded as the wind picked up speed. I don't know why but this particular storm rattled my nerves. So I got Simon out of bed while Mark searched for our flashlights. Then I camped out by the pantry, just in case we needed to dive into it. Simon slept through it all! We lost power for about 16 hours and had a lot of branches to clean up. Lafayette did have two tornados but thankfully they were several miles south of us and no one was injured.


While cleaning up our yard after the storm, Simon and I discovered two baby "chickmunks" on the sidewalk. Simon wanted to make friends with them but this was as close as we let him get. He was so curious about them and kept saying "they need to rest."



With the warmer weather outside, we've been doing a lot of this ... blowing bubbles. It just never gets old!



We painted Easter eggs on Friday night and Simon loved it. Only 3 out of 12 eggs were cracked when we were finished! Not bad.



And here's the end results. This was a great way to keep reviewing colors with Simon.



On Saturday morning, I took Simon to a local egg hunt and we saw his sitter, Sarah and her family. Simon was so excited to see his friends! And they showed him how to hunt for eggs.



Then we took a turn visiting the Easter bunny. Simon is giving the bunny a high five!



Our own egg hunt took a long time because Simon wanted to open each egg as he found it.



Later in the day, Mark's Mom had an egg hunt for Simon and our two great nieces. Our niece Caitlyn helped Simon to hunt for eggs.



This picture of Simon, Braylee and Lily cracks me up! I can just imagine what is going through Braylee's mind as she's looking at Simon. And Lily has new bangs after getting ahold of a pair of scissors on Saturday. These three are triple trouble when they are playing together!



And here are the cousins, minus our oldest two nieces Amber and Brittany -- Caitlyn, Emily and Danielle.





It's a quick post but at least I feel like I'm kinda catching up again! We are having so much fun with Simon right now ... he talks non-stop (even in his sleep!) and is really curious about everything he sees. We love to hear his questions and love to see his beautiful smile. We're looking forward to the zoo being open again and to swimming season. So much to look forward to this summer!

No comments: