Friday, November 18, 2011

Flashback Friday

Home with Simon this afternoon because day care is closed. We've got two of his little friends with us -- we try to help each other when we can so that we don't all have to take time off from work. I tried putting all three boys down for a nap together in the same room, just like at day care. I made three little beds on the floor. Two little boys fell asleep very quickly and quietly. One did not. Oh my. Reminded me of when Simon first came home with us and I worked very hard to get him to take a nap. I think he was hyper-vigilant, trying to keep himself awake so that he would know what was going on. It eventually got easier but today was tough. I ended up moving him to our bed so that at least Conner and Elliott could sleep peacefully. Anyway, it made me want to look at photos of Simon from when we first met him. Mark had been looking at photos earlier this week and remarked at how much of Simon's personality was already showing when we were just getting to know each other. He's right. This first photo was about 3 hours into us being together as a family in Ethiopia.

And this one was from Thanksgiving week last year. He looks about the same, he's just about 4-5 inches taller!



And this one was taken at a Panera on our way to visit my family in PA for the first time in May 2010.


And this last one from his first haircut in May 2010. Love that chubby little face!




Happy weekend, everyone! Cheers for naps, sunshine in November and a short work week next week!

No comments: