Monday, November 28, 2011

Mud Room Makeover

I love that our house has a mud room/laundry room. And that it has a door between it and the kitchen to hide the mess that sometimes accumulates there as shown here:

We come home from work, take off our shoes and coats and just leave them in the mud room. But when it was time for me to go back and forth with laundry, I was always tripping over shoes. So I decided it was time for an inexpensive mud room makeover.




We had a nine-cubby (does anyone else remember calling them a 'cubby hole' when you were in grade school?) shelf in the laundry room closet that was already housing our extra shoes, boots, etc. Mark and I cleaned it out and brought it to the mud room. We moved the bench that his uncle made into the kitchen (more on that another day) and added a $13.99 coat hook board at kid level for Simon's coats. Here is the end result:



No more tripping over shoes and the room feels much larger now! Simon thinks it's cool to put his shoes in their own special place (at least for now!)




I love watching DIY shows/HGTV, etc. and this is just the first of a few ideas that I have. I'll keep posting as I tackle the projects. I just love projects that I can see through from start to finish in a short period of time. Do you have any projects you're working on?


1 comment:

Angie Lahman said...

just love seeing the before/after of your mudroom!! no projects here. . .but wonderful to see yours!