Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day

I had an awesome Mother's Day!  Mark and Simon treated me to breakfast in bed -- breakfast pizza and yummy berries.  Simon thought it was so cool that we got to eat in our bed.  We then spent the morning together, relaxing and a trip to Columbian Park.  What a beautiful day to be at the park!  One of my gifts was a new-to-me camera.  With Mark closing the studio later this month, he gave me one of his cameras.  I had fun playing with it and learning how to use it -- with my favorite subject, of course!  : )

Loves the curly, bumpy slide!



He loves to climb everything!  He has no fear.



Simon loves donuts!

Best powdered donut mustache ever!


Mark also got me another very thoughtful gift -- a watercolor by Jodi Queenan.  I love her artwork and have admired it on Etsy for some time.  She does art related to international adoption.  I'll have to post a photo of the piece he got me -- I love it.  It reminds me of the most wonderful gift we ever received and I feel especially connected to the painting because of our love of Africa and the one who gave us her most precious gift.  I love my boys and I love being a mom -- each and every day.


No comments: