Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bedtime Zoo Stories

Waiting for the program to start.  Don't let that innocent smile fool you!
Lafayette has a great little zoo.  They do some wonderful programs for kids and Simon really enjoys learning about animals.  So tonight, we went to learn about the tortoise.  It's a pretty simple program: read a story about that month's animal, meet the animal and learn a few facts, hear another story and then have milk and cookies.  It's really a lot of fun for the kids.  Between the bedtime stories and Saturday morning Little Cub Club, we're hooked on the Columbian Park Zoo!  

Watching the tortoise eat a strawberry.

Staring contest!

His favorite part -- getting to pet the tortoise.

I know I've been a terrible blogger lately -- I've got lots of photos and stories to catch-up with!  Many changes taking place at Casa de Ailor but I think we're starting to find our groove again.  Stay tuned for more posts in the coming week!



No comments: