Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Adoption Update: Fingerprinting

Mark and I made the trip to Indianapolis this morning to have our fingerprints digitized (is that a pun? ha!) by US Immigration. We were thankful that Indy did not get their predicted snowfall on Monday night and we were back in Lafayette before it started snowing here on Tuesday afternoon.

It didn't take very long to be fingerprinted. We arrived early for our 9 am appointment and our names were called right on time. I thought it was so cool to hear about four different languages being spoken in the waiting room.

We had been moisturizing our fingers for days in preparation for being fingerprinted. We were worried about Mark's hands because he has always had rough and dry skin. Ha! His fingerprints worked on the first try! Mine, however, took some extra effort. I don't know if it's because I work on a computer for the majority of the day or what, but the technician kept saying that my fingertips are "worn" and "scarred." Huh. I wouldn't think that to look at them myself! We're just hoping that she was able to get prints good enough to pass Immigration. According to the technician, no amount of moisturizer will help! So now we're keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes through on the first try and that our I-171 is returned to us quickly.

You're not allowed to take photos inside the building but we wanted to record this step of the process. So here I am in Indy, outside in front of the building.


We'll let you know when we receive this last and very important paper for our dossier -- stay tuned!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Woohoo! I bet you'll get your I-171H within a couple of weeks! How exciting! How long of a referral wait is your agency quoting? Congrats on this last step of the dossier!

Emily

Janet Whipple said...

Oh, I had the exact same experience with mine. I'm sure they'll be fine. Yay for one step closer!!! I hope that approval gets here SOON. :)