So our friend, the fabulous Christina, once called me and Mark "project people." I kind of like that 'tag' and think it suits us well. We proved Christina's point this weekend with another home improvement project.
Last week, we were lucky enough to babysit for the very adorable and very active David. Isn't he sweet?
Mark and I truly enjoy spending time with David and are grateful when his very fun and gracious mother Denise, asks us to babysit. This time, we tried to pay special attention to all of the things that David likes to get into at our house. Mark and I had been talking about replacing the railing at the top of the stairs with a solid wall so that we can use a baby gate there when Baby Ailor arrives. Watching David this week confirmed for us the need to do that because he tried to stick his head in between the railings. Can't blame him ... looks like something fun to try to see the stairs from a new perspective. I've thought of trying it myself, but I digress ...
Here is this weekend's project in pictures. We're so glad to have this one crossed off the list! It also involved painting the last of the walls ... no more depressing gray and stark white -- yay!
Mark is going to stain the wood that frames the wall and then it will be complete. In the meantime, we are enjoying having another project done before Baby Ailor arrives on the scene. Next on the list: getting grass to grow in the front yard!
1 comment:
You guys are awesome at home improvement projects! I am so disappointed we won't get to meet David on Friday (we're going out of town). Hopefully we'll get to meet them sometime soon! I would love for Grayson to have a friend with so much in common:)
Post a Comment