Sunday, March 8, 2009

Signs of Spring

It was a wonderfully warm weekend here in Indiana. We turned off the furnace and opened some windows on Saturday morning. We also opened up the sun room again -- we have really missed sitting in the sun room this winter.

I noticed some tulips popping up at the end of our driveway. And then I noticed that our rhododendron has buds on it!


We were sitting in the sun room this afternoon and Mark saw a bald eagle flying over the house -- how cool is that!?! I've seen a bald eagle on my way to work each of the last two weeks. We knew from watching the news that there were several in the area but how exciting to see them with our own eyes. Reminds of visiting the Middle Creek Wildlife area with my Nanny and Grampy and family when I was a kid.

And my favorite sign of spring happened this morning ... geese in our driveway! It looked like they were going to just march up to our front door but I think that I scared them away. It's been fun to see many more ducks and geese on the ponds in our neighborhood.


Gotta love spring!

No comments: