Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bah-Bye, Joan Jetta


Today marked the end of an era. We returned Joan Jetta to the dealership. It's not that she wasn't a good car ... she was awesome! It's just that her lease was up and we decided to become a one car, one motorcycle family. The decision to retire ole' Joan was pretty easy. Not having a car payment will help us to save more money for our adoption expenses. And, we like that we'll be more 'green' in terms of only having one car. Plus, our area has a great public transportation system. We know that it will take more coordinating of our schedules, especially on rainy days. But I know that we're up for it. It just feels a little strange ... Joan and I have covered many miles together. Joan is actually 'Joan II' but don't tell her that. I've had a VW for nearly 16 years! (We don't like to talk about my very brief stint with Cassie Corolla.) When I graduated from seminary, I calculated the miles we drove together from North Manchester to Richmond over the (six) years it took me to complete my masters. It was significant! But this is without a doubt the right decision for our family. It's just hard to leave an old friend in the parking lot and walk away. Farewell, Joan Jetta. You will be missed.

No comments: