I got home late Sunday night and I agree with Mark ... I was reminded of my life pre-Mark and I'm so glad to be home with him! I really did have a good trip but I sure missed Mark. We spent the day together today, celebrating Valentine's Day, doing laundry, getting groceries, etc.
I was in Naples, Florida for work and I have to say that it was really nice to be on the warm and sunny Gulf Coast for a few days! The weather was sunny and warm -- like in the low 80's. Except for some weird sea-fog that rolled in and out over the weekend. That made things a little misty and yucky but I was able to enjoy a long walk on the beach on Saturday morning and again on Sunday afternoon on my way back to the airport. And I worked, too. Seriously! I did. My college at Purdue, Consumer and Family Sciences, held a golf outing on Friday and a brunch on Sunday. Both events went very well.
On Saturday afternoon, I was able to spend time with two of my great aunts -- Verna lives in Punta Gorda and Nelda is visiting her son Steve and his wife Teri for a few months in Bonita Springs. I had a great time visiting with the four of them on Saturday. Verna and Nelda are my Grandma's two sisters. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with all of them ... we don't get to see each other that often and the older I get, the more I treasure time with family. I have a few memories of Steve and Teri from when I was much younger but it was so great to get to know them now that I'm an adult, too. Visiting with all of them was definitely the highlight of my time in Florida! Verna and Nelda and I called my Grandma while we were visiting. We called my Mom too. Wish we could have a family reunion again! So glad that this visit worked out.
Verna is on the left and Nelda is on the right. I couldn't believe it when Verna told me that she had turned 90 last fall and Nelda will be 88 in April. Hope I have some of their genes!
And here is one last photo to keep you warm on these cold February days. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment