Finally! Our I-171H arrived today! The last piece of our dossier. Yes! We will be completing our dossier over the weekend. Basically, we need to have the I-171H notarized. Then, we will take it and a few other documents to the Secretary of State's office to be state sealed on Monday. We will find a copy shop in Indianapolis after that, make 4 copies of our entire dossier, and then turn it in to our adoption agency. We already had plans to travel to Indy on Monday for our first 'adoption class' -- this one in particular is about Ethiopia and is required before we can travel there. Hopefully, we'll be traveling in early 2010 to pick up Baby Ailor.
Mark and I have been anxiously checking the mailbox each day to see if our I-171H had arrived. It has been just over three weeks since we were fingerprinted. I got home first today and found the big envelope from Homeland Security -- I ran into the house to open it. Mark was just as excited as I was when he got home a few minutes later. Here are some photos to show you just how happy we are!
Another step completed on our journey to bring home Baby Ailor. Thank you for sharing your support and joy with us!
3 comments:
Woohoo!!! Doesn't it feel great to have this step complete! It's so hard to put the dossier in the mail, though! Relinquishing all that control was soo hard:)
Loves the pics! Congrats!
YAY!!!!!! This is great news! Congrats! These pictures are hilarious... I'm loving it!
Post a Comment