Today, I took a day off from work to travel to Lake Wawasee in Syracuse, Indiana to visit with my friend Angie Lahman-Yoder and her family. Ang and Brian and their two children, Elena and Dasan, live in Arizona and have been traveling between Ohio, Indiana and Pennsylvania to visit family this summer. I just had to take advantage of them being in the same state! I have known both Ang and Brian for y-e-a-r-s and I cherish opportunities to see them. In fact, the whole extended Lahman clan is a lot of fun to be with! I am thankful that they didn't mind me making a quick visit today. We all wish Mark could have made the trip too but as he says, someone has to work!
Here is the view from the retreat center where they are staying this week. It was gorgeous!

Here's a photo of me and Angie after returning from our trip around the lake. We had so much fun! I never knew that pontoon boats could travel so fast! Or maybe Brian just has a 'heavy foot!'

Elena and Ang's cousin Chrissy were the first to ride on the tube. Elena quickly learned to give the 'thumbs up' for the boat to go faster -- she loved it! She has lots more courage than I do and she's not quite six years old!

Dasan was a great captain! Actually, he just liked to sit in the seat and pretend to drive when we stopped to switch tube riders. But Dasan also enjoyed riding in the tube with cousin Micah -- and he's only 3 1/2!

Chrissy and Elena doing the classic 'king of the world' pose from Titanic. We had a great time on the lake today -- thank you again, Ang and family, for lunch and a fun time on the lake!
No comments:
Post a Comment