Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nature

This is Carl the Chipmunk sitting on the top step outside our back door. Doesn't he look like a cat? We don't know if he was sleeping, not feeling well, or contemplating life on this beautiful day -- but Carl literally sat there for 50 minutes, just like that, without moving. I was almost ready to go outside and check him to make sure he was ok. I've never seen a chipmunk sit so still for so long. Very strange, yet entertaining too. (And yes, it doesn't take much to entertain me!)


I took this photo a week ago as we were driving from Peru to Indianapolis. The clouds were amazing last Sunday! We spent last Sunday driving around the state -- up to North Manchester for church, to Peru for Dani's birthday party, to Indy to meet some friends at Abyssinia for dinner and then home to Lafayette. A very fun way to spend the day!

No comments: