Now, on a lighter note ... we have had a blank space above our living room couch for a long time. We just weren't sure what to do with the space. Well, for Christmas this year, Mark ordered a banana leaf art calendar for me from Ethiopia. I love banana leaf art! The style and the natural look of it really draws me in. So we had the idea to take the calendar apart and frame some of our favorite pictures. Here are the results:

I also love it because it brings some of Simon's culture and heritage into our home. This banana leaf art is from the town of Jima or Jimma which is in the same region where Simon is from. We have two other framed pieces in the house too. (Told you I love it!)
And on an even lighter note ... Mark put together Simon's Radio Flyer tricycle this week! It didn't take too long to put it together.

Isn't it cute?! I love the bell! I can't wait to see Simon riding it down the driveway this summer.

And of course, the big kid in the house had to give it a spin. In case you ever wondered why I titled the blog "The Antics of Ailors" -- here is proof of our, I mean Mark's, antics. It really flies on the dining room and kitchen floors! (Thank you again, Renee, Dave, Rachel and Sam!)

So that's the latest from here. We're trying hard to set aside our anxiety about the changes and our court date. Please keep our friends the Mroczek's in your thoughts and prayers, too. They are waiting for their court date and should have news any day now. Both of our families are really ready to meet our children!
2 comments:
I wondered how you all were doing - thanks for the update!! From what I can tell from our agency, the new rule should only apply to court dates assigned after yesterday, so you should be good. Praying for next week!!!
Love the tricycle!!! LOVE IT!
So it looks like Simon ALREADY has a playmate!
Post a Comment