On Saturday afternoon, two of my dear friends from Purdue hosted a shower for me to help us welcome Simon to our family! Chris and Christina outdid themselves! It was so much fun to be able to celebrate Simon with many of you who already love him. I feel like we now have what we need to bathe him, dress him, play with him, feed him and put him to bed. The car seat will come later this month and we're good to go!
Christina and Chris know me well ... they hung these adorable clothes to decorate and had many of our Ethiopia items placed around the house. Simon will be one very well-dressed, stylin' little boy!
Check out the cookies! Christina found an Africa-shaped cookie cutter -- adorable AND delicious! And did I mention there was a chocolate fountain? Yummmmm! Like I said, they know me well!
And these beautiful flowers are from my friend Angie in Arizona. Obviously, she couldn't make it to the shower but she was there in spirit! A funny story about the flowers ... I had just finished shoveling snow and was still in my pajamas with white socks and brown shoes on. My hair was all frizzy from the dampness outside and I wasn't wearing any make-up. I went into the house to get some papertowels and when I came back outside the flower delivery guy was there in the drive-way. He asked if I was Wendi and then placed the bouquet in my arms like I'd just won the Miss America pageant -- and I was soooo far from looking/feeling like a beauty queen! Priceles. I'm not sure I had even brushed my teeth that morning. Oh well! It was an incredibly fun day and I feel so blessed by everyone's generosity and kindness. Thank you to all who spent the afternoon with me and a special thank you shout-out to Christina and Chris! You two know how to throw a party.
No comments:
Post a Comment