Our Simon is 18 months old today! We received some new photos on Monday and he is changing and growing before our eyes. Our friends the Wislers returned from Ethiopia with their son last weekend and were kind enough to visit Simon and take him a care package. His little cheeks are getting chubbier and his hair is cut very short right now. They said that he isn't shy and was playful. We cannot wait to meet him!!! I've always wondered what people meant when they say that their arms ache to hold someone ... I think that I know what they mean now. But it won't be long now!
Tonight, after regular work hours, I had our monthly student Ambassador meeting. Guess what? They surprised me with a shower for Simon! They had a cake and presents and then each student shared a few thoughts about what they appreciated about how their parents had raised them. They are so thoughtful!! I wrote down everything that they said so I could share it with Mark. Each of the students is such a wonderful person -- unique, caring, creative, hard-working -- I would love for Simon to grow up to be as kind and thoughtful as each of the students that I am privileged to work with. Thank you, Teresa, Sara and the CFS Ambassadors! You are AWESOME!!
Last weekend I started doing Simon's laundry, getting everything freshened up for him. It was so much fun to do tiny little laundry! And you can get a lot in one load. I don't even mind folding little clothing. I'll keep working on it this weekend and then we'll probably pack his clothing. We've already started packing a few other things as well. We're still hoping to travel at the end of April.
This weekend, we're looking forward to receiving some video of Simon, too! The Wislers also took some video for us so that we can see Simon in action -- can't wait! We also have the Black Tie Dinner, put on by the Hospitality and Tourism Management students -- always a fun event. And then meeting our friends the Holadays for lunch on Sunday. There's always something going on around here and we can't wait to add Simon to the fun!
Digital Marketing in Utica NY
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment