Monday, May 17, 2010

My Biker Boys

Before you look at the photo, allow me to share a little background information ...

When Mark and I first started dating and I made my first visit to Lafayette, Mark wanted to take me on a motorcycle ride. I was very nervous, held on tightly as we drove around his neighborhood and just said, "I'm ok, I'm ok, I'm ok" over and over again. I don't go for rides with him very often but I've gotten used to it and kind of enjoy it! Also, on that first trip to Lafayette, Mark wanted me to meet his dog and to try sushi. We still have the motorcycle and I've learned to loved sushi but the dog is no longer with us. Dillan and I just couldn't learn to live together so Mark found a new home for him -- this still makes me sad.

Anyway, after this visit, I sent Mark a card with a photo of a man on a Vespa with a little dog (Dillan was a Yorkie) sitting on the back of the Vespa. Then Mark copied this photo to send me a card with him and Dillan on his motorcycle. When we got engaged, Mark gave me a photo of him leaning up against a wall with his motorcycle and made it look like he had spray painted, "Wendi, will you marry me?" onto the wall. Are you seeing the history here? Then for our wedding, I had a friend take a photo of me in my jean jacket on Mark's motorcycle. Actually, it turned into a series of photos because it was pretty comical to see me trying to manuever Mark's bike in and out of the garage.

So for my first Mother's Day, Mark had the idea to add little Simon to the biker photo series. Simon loves, loves, loves, to sit on the bike with one of us holding him. He loves to take Mark's helmet and put it on, take it off, put it on, take it off, etc. So here is the front of my Mother's Day card -- I love it! So cute. And Simon certainly seems to have the serious look of a biker, doesn't he? I love my biker boys!!

2 comments:

thequachfive said...

what a great picture!!! love it, he certainly looks like a biker dude!

Emily said...

That is such a great idea!!! Mark is so thoughtful! Can't wait to see what the next "biker" photo will be:)