Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Christmas Story: The Exhibit

Many of you know that I absolutely love -- LOVE!!! -- the movie, A Christmas Story. This year is the 25th anniversary of the release of this classic movie. The movie is based on the fictional town of Hohman, Indiana. The author actually grew-up in Hammond, Indiana, which is about an hour north of here. To celebrate this anniversary, the Hammond visitor's center has set-up an exhibit in tribute to the movie. On our way home from Chicago on Tuesday, we stopped at the visitor's center for a few minutes so that I could see the exhibit and relish in the silly-ness.

Here I am sliding down the slide after a visit to Santa. (Ok, not really. I jumped the rope and sat down at the bottom of the slide -- Santa was on a break.)

Here I am pretending to be Flick with my tongue stuck to the school's flag pole. This was Christina's idea -- a very good idea in my opinion. You can see the scene displayed in the background.

Here is the scene showing the Bumpus' dogs eating the Christmas day turkey.



"It's a major award!" The classic leg lamp displayed in the front window. I love the look on Ralphie's face -- they really captured the look he had in the movie.


And finally, who can forget these great pajamas? I still wish that someone made feety pj's for adults!




1 comment:

Christina said...

1. I totally thought that was Ralphie on the flag pole. Oops! My blog is wrong.

2. Someone DOES make adult footie pajamas!! Target. Seriously...saw them a few weeks ago and then yesterday I saw a one-piece without the footies but I'm sure they still have some of the footie ones left. We can always count on Trusty Target.