Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Mark and I celebrated Christmas in our home today. Mark and I exchanged gifts this morning and then his family joined us for lunch and to exchange gifts, too. We are headed out to Pennsylvania for the week to visit with my family.

I need to brag on Mark a little bit (and he doesn't know I'm doing this!) because I truly have the most THOUGHTFUL and CARING husband ever! Hands down. Don't try to argue with me. : )

I once mentioned, oh, probably 3-4 months ago, that I would like to look at getting a Peace Pole for our yard some day. I know that they can be kind of expensive so I just tucked the idea away for a few years from now. Well wouldn't you know that Mark picked up on that idea and MADE A PEACE POLE for me! I knew that he was doing a project in his shop but I didn't know what he was up to. It is beautiful -- gorgeous!!! It has four languages: English, German, Sanskrit, and Amharic. Of course, leaky me started to cry when I pulled the giant bag from the Peace Pole this morning. We've already got a place in the yard for it and have begun talking about what we'll plant around it. It's nice to think about spring when it's -1 degree with a windchill of -25! Isn't Mark awesome?!?!





But wait -- it gets better. I think that I've mentioned before that we're using giraffe's in the nursery. He found the cutest giraffe from a women's artisan group in Ethiopia and ordered it for me for Christmas. Yep, my leaky eyes started to cry again! It is made of twine and really, really neat. Mark is incredible. His thoughtfulness never ceases to amaze me and I love him so much.


We had a really nice day with Mark's family. It was fun to celebrate Christmas with them in our home, especially since this is the first Christmas in our new house. Here are a few photos of two of our favorite little girls, our great nieces Lily and Braylee.




Merry Christmas to all of our blog readers! We wish you much peace and happiness.





No comments: