Saturday, December 6, 2008

A visit to the Indy Zoo with Kelly

Unlike this snowy Saturday, last Saturday was beautiful for late November. I met my dear friend Kelly in Indianapolis at the zoo. I think I can speak for Kelly when I say that it's one of our favorite places to meet and visit. Kelly lives in Richmond so it's only an hour drive for each of us to meet in Indy.

The animals were out and active last Saturday. We enjoyed the dolphin show, watching the seals sun themselves, saw the two new bears that the zoo just recently acquired, and Kelly even touched a dog shark in the zoo's new shark exhibit. But probably the funniest thing about the day was how 'frisky' many of the animals seemed. I always thought that spring was the time for new love to bloom but it appears that it can happen in late fall, too. This is a family blog but it was rather comical! I'm serious -- the walruses, giraffes, lions and yes, even the turtles (TURTLES!) -- all feeling rather amorous last Saturday. We just had to chuckle along with the other zoo guests that day because I don't think that any of us had been to the zoo on a day quite like this one before.

As I said, this is a family blog so I'd like to share a few of my favorite photos from the day:

No comments: