Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mmmmm .... Cookies!

I am a Faculty Fellow for Harrison Residence Hall at Purdue. The Faculty Fellow program pairs Purdue faculty and staff with a floor of students in the residence hall. The goal is to serve as another person who can be a mentor/friend/community resource for the students. This is the second year that I have been a Fac Fellow. It's a lot of fun! I usually meet with the women once a week for dinner ... Mark comes along, too. I also do some other fun activities with the floor. There are 52 women on the floor but there are only about 10-12 who regularly attend our gatherings.

Last year, Mark and I baked cookies during finals week and then I took them over to the Hall to decorate with the students. This year, we had six of the women come over to our house. We had a blast! We laughed alot and just had a really good time. I think that it was a good stress-reliever for them. Here are a few photos from the night. Laura, who is holding the bikini-clad cookie, is the RA and fearless leader of Harrison 3-South. The group photo includes, Sarah, Bekka, Lauren, Laura, LeeAnn, Angelie and me.






No comments: