Mark and I think about our child-to-be, the adoption journey and Ethiopia all the time. We talk about it daily, from will it be a boy or a girl to what will he/she be like to possible names for our child to what it will be like to travel there to will we adopt again. (Yes, we're already talking about it!) And everything else in between. We can't wait to be parents! We've seen lots of momentos about Ethiopia, Africa, adoption, etc. and including necklaces like the ones in the photos. But Mark had an idea about how to make them himself. His friend and landlord, Ralph, is an artisan jeweler and has a shop above Mark's studio. Mark bought some silver from Ralph and MADE THESE PENDANTS HIMSELF!! Aren't they beautiful? He used a dremel tool to cut out the shape of Africa and used a hammer to give it the look he had in mind. We both love the way they turned out. Next he's going to make a smaller one that we can give Baby Ailor when he/she is a little bit older. It's a nice way for us to literally keep our baby-to-be and Ethiopia close to our hearts.
Digital Marketing in Utica NY
10 years ago
4 comments:
WOW!!! Mark is so talented...those look awesome. You should seriously consider making more and selling them as a fundraiser for your adoption! I know lots of people who would love an Africa necklace. (Isaac included) Very cool.
I second that! If you go into the business, let us know; I'd be VERY interested...!
Okay, I'm just glad I'm the one that reads the blogs and not Aaron. I think Mark's many talents could give him a complex:) Those are awesome. Definitely let us know if you decide to start selling them!
those are gorgeous! I can't wait to see them in real life!
Post a Comment