Here are some photos from my trip. These first two are from the airplane. I love having a window seat and being able to watch the scenery below. Especially when that means flying over mountains.
The only sight-seeing I got to do was a quick trip to Old Town for dinner with some old and new friends. Here's the proof that I was there! We had the most delicious Mexican dinner. And dessert was churros from a walk-up street stand -- soooo yummy!
Here I am in front of the restaurant where we had dinner -- the Old Town Mexican Cafe. I am with Kathy, Angie and Emily. I was one of Ang's bridesmaids 10 years ago.
And here is our whole dinner group, minus Mo who was taking the photo. We enjoyed the good company, excellent food and a fun mariachi (sp?) band.

Unfortunately, this was as close as I got to the beach! Oh well. But I did enjoy my time in San Diego. I was able to visit alot with Ang, Becky, Rhonda and got in quick visits with Matthew, Ben and Kristen, Glenn and Linda, Greg and oh yeah!, the Credit Union board meeting too. Probably the highlight of my quick trip was being able to reconnect with Jacki and Eric who are also adopting from Ethiopia. They are hoping to travel in July to meet their daughter. We're looking forward to introducing our children to each other next summer.

And finally, on the way home, I volunteered to be bumped from my flight and found myself taking a different route home, via Memphis and in first class! Flying first class might just deserve its own post someday but for now I'll leave you with the old friend I got to see in Memphis. Thank you, thankyouverymuch.
Unfortunately, this was as close as I got to the beach! Oh well. But I did enjoy my time in San Diego. I was able to visit alot with Ang, Becky, Rhonda and got in quick visits with Matthew, Ben and Kristen, Glenn and Linda, Greg and oh yeah!, the Credit Union board meeting too. Probably the highlight of my quick trip was being able to reconnect with Jacki and Eric who are also adopting from Ethiopia. They are hoping to travel in July to meet their daughter. We're looking forward to introducing our children to each other next summer.
And finally, on the way home, I volunteered to be bumped from my flight and found myself taking a different route home, via Memphis and in first class! Flying first class might just deserve its own post someday but for now I'll leave you with the old friend I got to see in Memphis. Thank you, thankyouverymuch.
No comments:
Post a Comment