Monday, August 17, 2009

Adoption Update

We've been on the waiting list for 4.5 months now. I think we've hit the 'hurry up already!' point of the wait. We've both found ourselves feeling a little bit down and grumpy lately, not wanting to wish away time but hoping for our agency to give more referrals soon. That's the magic word: referral. When you see that as the title of a blog post, you'll know we received the most wonderful news waiting parents long to hear.

Within the Lafayette Ethiopia adoption group, another family brought home their son. We were excited to meet him last week. And another family passed court today! We are excited for them and hope that they will get to travel soon to bring home their daughter. Within the last month, we were able to travel to Indianapolis twice to enjoy dinner at Abyssinia -- love that place! And we loved the people we went there with even more -- this journey is even better because of the company we keep on the way. : ) We are eagerly looking forward to another group get together later this month. The last time we gathered, two children were home. This time, I believe that there are nine children who are home! But only eight of those children will be at the picnic -- but how fun is that?!?!

And now, for this month's adoption project: cubicles. Last weekend, we helped our friends move to a new house. One of my tasks was to help put together cubicles for their son's toy room. A lightbulb went on for me: these would be great in the baby's room! So we headed to our favorite French store, Target, who still had the said cubicles for sale. Mark made quick work of putting it together -- way faster than me and Chris last weekend! And wah-la! Instant storage for Baby Ailor's closet. Now we just need to clean-out the closet so we can put the cubicles into the closet and begin organizing. (and oh, how I love to organize!)





These photos should make-up for the fact that I didn't take any of Mark putting together the crib -- what was I thinking? Oh well. Stay tuned for next month's adoption project, yet to be determined. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are cute! Speaking of organizing for baby, I've got clothes to return to you!!! Isaac has grown out of most of them, so I'll bring them to the picnic. You'll be needing them soon :)