Mom and Dad arrived on Friday for their much anticipated visit. Mark and I have been looking forward to showing them our house, Mark's studio and the Purdue campus. This is their first visit to see us in Lafayette.
Today, we went to the Purdue football game where Penn State soundly beat Purdue, 20-6. It wasn't a particulary exciting game -- no great catches or fabulous runs. In fact, it was a really flat game. We were all disappointed that Joe Paterno wasn't even pacing the sidelines. His knee was bothering him so he was coaching from high above us in the press box. I guess when you're 80 years old and still coaching football, no one can fault you if your knee is giving you trouble. Oh well.
What was exciting about the game was that Mom would give this funny scream/squeal whenever Penn State was getting close to scoring or a catch was made. I think that the people around us got a kick out of her. :) You'll also need to ask Mom and Dad about the inflatable item that was being tossed around the student section -- pretty funny!
I should also add that we gave Dad a Purdue t-shirt to wear to the game today. He was a good sport about it because he is a HUGE Penn State fan! This was Mom's first 'big' football game. I think that they both had a good time -- especially since Penn State won.
Anyway, we had a beautiful day to be outside and enjoy the football game. We even got a little bit of sun but just on the right side of our faces. Here are a few photos from the game. We had a great view from the top corner of the stadium.
No comments:
Post a Comment