Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shout out to North Manchester

Before visiting with Mark's family on Sunday, we got up early and traveled to North Manchester to attend church and have lunch with some of our North Manchester friends. With the high gas prices over the summer, we hadn't been back to visit for quite a while and I was especially excited to see everyone and get a good dose of the Chet. It was also a beautiful morning for a drive, what with the leaves turning shades of orange and red and a light frost on the ground. It was a spectacular sun rise as we drove to the east.

We chose a great Sunday to attend church at the Manchester Church of the Brethren as we got to hear our wonderful friends Debbie, Jenny, Eric, Anne and Steve sing in an ensemble. Bravo! Magnifico! I also appreciated Pastor Karen's sermon about the presence of God.

Lunch was at the Sandwich Cellar, a favorite of ours in North Manchester. Our group literally filled half of the Cellar! I wish that we would have had more time to visit and chat but everyone's lives are full of good things. I was grateful for even the short visit. I think that while I was living in North Manchester, I learned alot about community, parenting, friendship and the ability to be present with others in life. I probably didn't treasure it as much as I should have when I lived there but my friends in North Manchester continue to inspire and influence me.

So here's my shout out to our North Manchester friends! Know that our door is always open for you to visit us in Lafayette. And we continue to be thankful for the warm welcome, hugs, and smiles we receive from you whenever we return to 'Funchester.'

1 comment:

Rough Rider 77 said...

Wendi and Mark,

Shouting back to you from NE IN where I got a preview of Bob Cratchit today. He addressed all his patients kindly while remaining in character the entire time, although I never once heard him call for Tiny Tim. (That was later when a passel of boys showed for Halloween booty.) You'll love the classy sideburns.

Miss our gym walks--the TV in front of the elliptical isn't nearly as funny.

RR77