Mark and I have enjoyed a quiet weekend. Actually, it started out quite busy. This was Homecoming weekend at Purdue which meant a lot of activities for me, beginning on Thursday evening. Everything went really well, for which I am grateful. I work with an awesome staff of women -- we make a great team! Homecoming on the mall on Saturday was super cold. I know that Homecoming is supposed to feel like fall but good grief, I couldn't feel my legs -- or my feet -- or my nose! So I skipped the game and came home to warm up.
On Saturday evening, we hosted our friends Randy and Karla for dinner. Karla is a nurse and she helped us with some of our adoption paperwork. One of the forms we needed to complete is a medical needs form. We needed to go through a check-list of possible medical conditions and decide which ones we'd be open to, which ones we felt we can't handle, and which ones we'd be willing to discuss. It wasn't an easy task and we were glad for Karla's explanations and guidance.
Today, Sunday, we had a lot of fun. We had a bunch of errands that we wanted to do and found ourselves making a stop at Toys 'R Us. It's alot of fun to shop there when you know that a child will be part of your life very soon! We also bought birthday presents for our great niece, Lily, and our nephew, Andrew. Of course, Mark had his share of fun at the store, too! He can't wait to have a child to share toys with. : )
So that was our weekend ... a nice and relaxing weekend. It's been too windy to rake leaves -- oh well! We're just watching them pile up outside. Oh yeah -- I almost forgot! We also discovered that both of our cars will fit into the garage with ease. Yes, it's the little things that bring us excitement.
And so another week is about to begin. We're looking forward to our second home study visit tomorrow evening and to Halloween fun later this week.
Digital Marketing in Utica NY
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment